Monday, July 19, 2010

Ms A visit 2

I was able to visit with Ms A again because the other Hospice worker was unable to leave one of her family members alone. My visit was much like the first. Ms A didn't really speak much but I do think she remembered me. I kissed her forehead when I came in and greeted her by calling her by her name. I visited with her husband for a little bit before he left to run errands. Ms A didn't want him to leave once again but I think she might have felt a little more relief knowing that I wasn't a stranger. I sat and talked with her which isn't easy. I talked about my family and asked questions about hers. She seemed a bit more talkative but it is a struggle for her to talk.

The bath nurse came and that helped to take up some of the time. I feel like I am out of place when I am there because she can't communicate with me in the way I want. I don't feel like I make a difference in her life. My job in this case is to provide relief for her husband. He feels secure in knowing that his wife is safe with me. She asked for him many times wanting to know when he was coming back. I would tell her and ten minutes later she would ask me again. Then she apologized for asking the same thing over and over. I told her it was okay I ask the same things over and over also.

She isn't eating anymore only drinking water. Each week I expect to get a call saying she is no longer with us. But she keeps hanging in there even though she doesn't want to live anymore.

She is waiting for her angels but her time hasn't come yet.

I won't be sitting with her anymore because Suzanne will now be able to take the weekly visits with her. I hope her time comes quickly and her husband can continue on without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment